From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: grub
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 01:06:38
1 Richard Fish <bigfish <at> asmallpond.org> writes:
4 > > looks good, but try this:
5 > > kernel (hd0,1)/boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/hda6
6
7 > Actually since you have a separate /boot filesystem, it would be more
8 > accurate to use:
9
10 > kernel (hd0,1)/vmlinuz root=/dev/hda6
11
12 Yes both work. as well as what I decided to use
13
14 kernel (hd0.1)/kernel-2.6.16-gentoo-r13 root=/dev/hda6
15
16 I like keeping the explicit kernel nanes around because
17 I test many different things across many different systems,
18 so as to not confuse myself and track kernel versions with
19 various patches and drivers.
20
21 Why didn't the old syntax work? (separate partition for /boot)
22 kernel /kernel-2.6.16-gentoo-r13
23 When it worked from the command line of grub?
24 It's also the syntax I use on many other systems.
25
26 Thanks Hemmann and Richard,
29 James
35 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list