From: Yohan Pereira <yohan.pereira@×××××.com>
To: other <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Suspend, hibernate and mount stopped working as a regular user.
Date: Wed, 04 Jul 2012 11:50:44
1 Hi,
2 This happened after a recent world upgrade. I am currently using kde 4.8.4.
3 I can however suspend, hibernate using the pm-utils as root. Google has
4 lead me to believe this has something to do with consolekit. I found this
5 thread [1] which is more or less what I am experiencing (I can't mount
6 too). Running that dbus command gives me the same output mentioned
7 there.
8
9 yohan@powerslave ~ $ dbus-send --system --print-reply
10 --dest="org.freedesktop.UPower" /org/freedesktop/UPower
11 org.freedesktop.UPower.Suspend
12 Error org.freedesktop.UPower.GeneralError: not authorized
13
14 However I am not sure how to solve this. I don't have an .xinitrc file in my
15 home folder. So I looked at /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc.d/, I tried removing
16 the file called 90-consolekit, which didn't help.
17
18 Anybody has any idea how to proceed in debugging this problem? any use
19 full output I can post?I have this feeling that I missed some important
20 piece of information from my portage log. I skimmed over summary.log
21 nothing caught my attention.
22
23 [1]https://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?id=141337
27 - Yohan Pereira
28
29 The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference
30 between a mermaid and a seal.
31 -- Mark Twain