From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Why isn't this SDcard mounting?
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2017 14:53:48
1 On 2017-08-29 14:53, Stroller wrote:
2
3 > $ sudo parted /dev/sdb p
4 > Model: Generic- Card Reader (scsi)
5 > Disk /dev/sdb: 32.0GB
6 > Sector size (logical/physical): 512B/512B
7 > Partition Table: msdos
8 > Disk Flags:
9 >
10 > Number Start End Size Type File system Flags
11 > 1 4194kB 32.0GB 32.0GB primary fat32 lba
12 >
13 > $ sudo mount -v /dev/sdb1 /mnt/tmp
14 > mount: /dev/loop0 mounted on /mnt/tmp.
15
16 I don't have a quick solution, but I would look at the state of /dev
17 (not only /dev/sdb* but also the various /dev/disk/by-* directories)
18 both before and after running parted. parted is my prime suspect for
19 messing things up here.
20
21 Also, is this the normal mount program from util-linux package, or some
22 "modern" replacement?
25 Please don't Cc: me privately on mailing lists and Usenet,
26 if you also post the followup to the list or newsgroup.
27 Do obvious transformation on domain to reply privately _only_ on Usenet.