From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Where can I find a list of supported VIDEO_CARD's?
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2006 10:32:30
1 On Wednesday 13 September 2006 08:17, Wolfgang Liebich wrote:
2 > I've set up a new computer w/ gentoo which uses a newer graphics card
3 > than my old one (an Intel 945 on board card). I installed modular xorg,
4 > and AFAIK the drivers which are getting installed are determined by the
5 > VIDEO_CARDS flag in make.conf. Is there some list of supported values
6 > for VIDEO_CARDS?
7
8 Boris has already answered how to get a list of valid values for VIDEO_CARDS.
9 When in doubt about which driver to use, however, I believe
10 xorg.freedesktop.org is the best resource:
11
12 http://xorg.freedesktop.org/wiki/IntelGraphicsDriver
13
14 VIDEO_CARDS="i810 vesa"
15
16 (I always add vesa as a fallback video driver. i810 is what you need).
19 Bo Andresen