From: "Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss03@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] BOINC and https
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2006 21:55:00
1 I'm trying to use BOINC to participate in some of the distributed computing
2 projects out there, however, I am having trouble attaching to the
3 worldcommunitygrid.org project.
4
5 I provide boinc with the URL and account key. It successfully downloads
6 the master page, but then blows up trying to access an https URL with a
7 cannot resolve hostname error. My web browser can access the URL fine. I
8 have the SSL use flag globally enabled.
9
10 Can anyone tell me if I'm doing something wrong? I appears to be a bug,
11 but I'd like to get input here before submitting an issue to b.g.o.
14 Boyd Stephen Smith Jr.
15 bss03@××××××××××.com
16 ICQ: 514984 YM/AIM: DaTwinkDaddy
17 --