From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] strange error when doing emerge @preserved-rebuild
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 20:42:55
1 However, I do not have any kde packages that I know of -- I wonder what
2 is pulling that in. I certainly do not have arts.
3
4 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com> wrote:
5
6 > On Wednesday 20 January 2010 21:41:54 covici@××××××××××.com wrote:
7 > > Hi. When I am trying to do an emerge @preserved-rebuild after an
8 > > upgrade, I just get the following:
9 > >
10 > > These are the packages that would be merged, in reverse order:
11 > >
12 > > Calculating dependencies... done!
13 > >
14 > > emerge: there are no ebuilds to satisfy "kde-base/arts:3.5".
15 > >
16 > > I tried a -t, but it didn't give me anything. How can I tell what is
17 > > happening here?
18 >
19 > This has been well documented and well discussed here there and everywhere.
20 >
21 > Gentoo has dropped all kde-3.5 packages from portage. They are now in the kde-
22 > sunset overlay, you need layman to access them. That error proves you do not
23 > have the overlay enabled.
24 >
25 > --
26 > alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
29 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
30 How do
31 you spend it?
32
33 John Covici