From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: mysqld invoked oom-killer
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 00:19:13
1 On 07/25/2011 08:54 PM, Grant wrote:
2
3 > BTW, can anyone tell me why I'm using icedtea6-bin instead of icedtea?
4
5 When I first installed icedtea-bin there was no icedtea package, so I
6 tried to compile it myself using online instructions and gave up in
7 frustration.
8
9 I'm glad you asked, because now I'll try the icedtea package instead.
10
11 I just noticed the icedtea-web package, which supplies an nsbrowser
12 java plugin. I don't know if the 'plugin' errors you were seeing are
13 related to the browser java plugin or some other plugin library, but
14 I'm going to install both packages tomorrow and give them a try.
15
16 I assume you need to eselect the java-nsplugin as well as the java-vm
17 if you install icedtea-web. I'll try it.