From: "Stephan Müller" <fruktopus@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Loading, modules, via, /ec/conf.d/modules, minimalisticly
Date: Sun, 10 May 2015 09:34:22
1 Am 10.05.2015 um 11:12 schrieb Meino.Cramer@×××.de:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I need to load some extra modules "manually" when
5 > my Linux box boots to get access to an embedded
6 > system. These modules need to be added to
7 > /etc/conf.d/modules for various reasons.
8 >
9 > The modules are:
10 >
11 > ipt_MASQUERADE 1037 2
12 > nf_nat_masquerade_ipv4 1785 1 ipt_MASQUERADE
13 > iptable_nat 1578 1
14 > nf_nat_ipv4 4811 1 iptable_nat
15 > nf_nat 11442 2 nf_nat_ipv4,nf_nat_masquerade_ipv4
16 > nf_conntrack_ipv4 11964 1
17 > nf_defrag_ipv4 1395 1 nf_conntrack_ipv4
18 > nf_conntrack 61998 4 nf_nat,nf_nat_ipv4,nf_nat_masquerade_ipv4,nf_conntrack_ipv4
21 > How can I distinguish those modules from this list, which need
22 > to be listed in /etc/conf.d/modules from those, which get pulled in by
23 > these?
24 >
25 > Best regards
26 > mcc
29 First it does no harm to load modules directly which would be pulled in as dependency anyways.
30 From the the above lsmod you can leave out those, which have a nonempty used by column. That would be
31
32 ipt_MASQUERADE
33 iptable_nat
34 nf_conntrack_ipv4
35
36 To get more complete information on dependencies you can look at
37
38 $ modinfo ipt_MASQUERADE
39
40 etc. However to get full information you have to look at
41
42 $ cat /lib/modules/$(uname -r)/modules.dep
43
44 This gives a complete list of dependencies.
47 ~frukto