From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [OT] What's up with Firefox?
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2013 15:29:49
1 Sorry to be a nuisance but I can't think of where else to ask.
2
3 On the website I run I have a link to our Twitter profile (or whatever it's
4 called). This is the link:
5
6 https://twitter.com/TideswellMVC
7
8 If I examine the page using the web host's file editor I see exactly that,
9 yet if I press CTRL-U in www-client/firefox-17.0.7 it shows this:
10
11 https://twitter.com/#%21/TideswellMVC
12
13 and if I click the link in the main window I'm asked for a login and
14 password.
15
16 Trying the latest Windows version of Firefox in an XP virtual box I get the
17 unaltered link. I can't tell what version that is because "About Firefox"
18 merely checks, then tells me I'm up to date.
19
20 Incidentally, I have a web server running on my LAN with an identical copy
21 of the site. Using that as the target, rather than the public version, gives
22 the same results.
23
24 I haven't used JavaScript anywhere.
25