From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Screen resolution problem
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 08:58:11
1 On 09/14/2009 03:59 AM, David Relson wrote:
2 > G'day,
3 >
4 > I'm running Xorg with a minimal config file (only 15 lines - which
5 > provide font paths and set the AllowMouseOpenFail option).
6 >
7 > When I last restarted my computer (about 3 months ago), X came up in
8 > 1280x1024 mode. Today I restarted X (because the shift and control
9 > keys were non-responsive) and my computer is in 1024x768 mode. I much
10 > prefer the higher resolution.
11 >
12 > I have the Xorg.0.log files from the reboot 3 months ago and today's X
13 > restart. What should I be looking at in them to diagnose what has
14 > happened differently?
15 >
16 > Several obvious questions arise:
17 >
18 > _Why_ did X select a different resolution today?
19 > _How_ can I get to the higher resolution?
20 > _What_ can I do to prevent a recurrence of this problem?
21
22 Don't know about 1 and 3, but you can change resolution by simply
23 right-clicking on your desktop in most DEs and in the settings there
24 select a resolution.