From: Liam Symonds <liam@××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Hibernate and a few other things have gone missing
Date: Sat, 23 Jun 2012 09:46:10
2 Hash: SHA1
3
4 On 23/06/12 10:36, Liam Symonds wrote:
5 >
6 > On 23/06/12 08:28, Andrew Lowe wrote:
7 > > Hi all,
8 > > I've been doing sort of regular syncs and emerge worlds, every couple
9 > of days, but not really paying attention to changes as they have
10 > happened. On the other hand I've read, or rather I think I have read,
11 > the news and comments/warnings that appear after the emerge world and
12 > can't remember anything groundbreaking that I had to follow up. Today I
13 > noticed a few things have disappeared and was wondering if anyone had
14 > the same problems.
15 >
16 > > 1) Hibernate has disappeared from the "Leave" option in the KDE menu
17 >
18 > > 2) My Dolphin has lost some mappings to an NTFS disk that I dual boot
19 > to. On the left hand side of Dolphin there's a panel, "Places" I think
20 > it's called, where you can put commonly used dir's. Network mappings I
21 > have are still there but the NTFS dir's has gone walkabout.
22 >
23 > > 3) Dolphin no longer automagically places into "Places", the thingy
24 > mentioned above in 2), memory sticks when I insert them. In fact if
25 > automounting is working shouldn't something appear in the /media dir?
26 > I'm getting nothing in there.
27 >
28 > > Does anyone know of any changes that have happened recently that could
29 > have caused this or has my machine just decided to be flakey on my.
30 >
31 > > Any thoughts, greatly appreciated,
32 > > Andrew
33 >
34 > Hi Andrew,
35 >
36 > Could you please copy & paste the output of /etc/fstab please? That
37 > could be the answer about the automounting problem!
38 >
39 > Regarding the problem about hibernation, can you use the terminal
40 > command pm-hibernate? If it does not work correctly then you may have
41 > something wrong with the pm-utils package (if that is what Gentoo uses,
42 > I have no idea).
43 >
44 > Warm Regards,
45 > Liam.
46 Regarding my previous statement "if that is what Gentoo uses" I meant if
47 that is what KDE uses, my mistake
48
49 - - Liam.
50