From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Adding a domain to mails generated by portage?
Date: Sun, 19 Feb 2006 09:27:41
1 Hi!
2
3 In make.conf, I set PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI so that elog messages
4 of portage are mailed somewhere. I tried to relay the mail over
5 gmail and web.de, both fail. I suppose, they fail for the same
6 reason. smtp.web.de returns the following error message and
7 refuses to relay the mail in turn:
8
9 "!!! An error occured while trying to send logmail:\n(501, '<portage>: sender address must contain a domain', 'portage')"
10
11 It seems, as if the mail generated by portage is sent with a
12 "From: portage", ie. with no domainpart added.
13
14 How do I change that? I'd like/need to have a (or rather, "my")
15 domain there.
16
17 Thanks a lot,
18
19 Alexander Skwar
20 --
21 <Knghtbrd> It's a trackball for one
22 <wichert> so it's not a rodent
23 <wichert> it's a turd with a ball sticking out
24 <wichert> which you fondle constantly
25 --
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list