From: Allan Gottlieb <gottlieb@×××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] dev-python/setuptools conflict when running python-updater
Date: Sat, 19 Jul 2008 13:45:04
1 At Sat, 19 Jul 2008 09:00:04 +0200 Sebastian Günther <samson@××××××××××××××××.de> wrote:
2
3 > * Walter Dnes (waltdnes@××××××××.org) [19.07.08 03:20]:
4 >> I did some updates today. "emerge --sync" and updated world on my
5 >> "production machine". Things went OK, including running python-updater.
6 >> Then I scp'd the contents of /usr/portage/distfiles over to my "hot
7 >> backup machine", ran "emerge --sync" (pointing at my production machine)
8 >> and updated. Just like on the main machine, /var/log/portage/elog had
9 >> an advisory to run python-updater. This time, it didn't work...
10 >>
11 > Just make an
12 > # emerge -1 setuptools
13 > and python-updater will run smoothly
14 >
15 > If you are using gnome, also
16 > # emerge -1 gnome-doc-utils
17 >
18 > I hit the same bugs yesterday.
19 >
20 > The second one is because python-updater seems to miss it and you would
21 > get a snadbox violation.
22
23 How nice to receive a *pro*active fix. I read your mail while my
24 python-updater was running. It then failed just as walter's and yours
25 did.
26 I applied your fix and ...
27 ... voila, all is well.
28