From: David Relson <relson@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] livecd install problems
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2006 20:10:34
1 On Sun, 19 Mar 2006 15:21:50 -0300
2 Daniel da Veiga wrote:
3
4 ...[snip]...
7 > Well, it seems the installer was unable to mount /mnt/gentoo, that
8 > will be your root mountpoint (the "/" in the device), you have told
9 > the installer not to format the partitions, that could be one of the
10 > reasons why it can't mount it, because simply there's no filesystem on
11 > the device. Another option is that you have mounted the device
12 > already.
13 >
14 > Do you have anything else on the disk? Another partition or
15 > filesystem? Something that you don't wanna loose? If not, I suggest
16 > you tell the installer to format the partitions...
17
18 Daniel:
19
20 Right on! I restarted the install, taking care to scp the old
21 configuration to tmpfs (without mounting any partitions). The install
22 is now unpacking the stage tarball. This is considerably further along
23 than previous efforts.
24
25 Regards,
26