From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Packet Shaping
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 18:31:15
1 Hello, I have packet shaping set up on my Gentoo router with iptables,
2 shorewall, and "The Wonder Shaper" which is a /etc/shorewall/tcstart
3 file. It seems to be working since internet radio is now full of
4 hiccups. :)
5
6 I'd like to configure it to prioritize voip, ssh, web browsing,
7 bittorrent downloads, and bittorrent uploads in that order. I'm using
8 these docs:
9
10 http://www.shorewall.net/2.0/traffic_shaping.htm
11 http://lartc.org/wondershaper/
12
13 since this doesn't include shorewall config info:
14
15 http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Packet_Shaping
16
17 Is anyone else using The Wonder Shaper? Would anyone recommend I
18 ditch it and write a tcstart file from scratch?
19
20 - Grant
21 --
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list