From: Adam Carter <adamcarter3@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-user@l.g.o" <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] SOLVED: NVMe drive and grub
Date: Tue, 12 Apr 2016 00:57:09
1 > The problem was sys-boot/grub-2.02_beta2-r9, which UEFI never ran.
2 >
3 > The fix was to get rid of grub altogether and instead use
4 > sys-boot/gummiboot.
5 > Not only was it fully functional, it was a welcome relief not to have to
6 > grapple with grub's baroque complexity and to be able to return to the
7 > simple
8 > booting I remember from years ago.
9 >
10 > I'd spent five long days wrestling with grub, going round in circles and
11 > getting nowhere, before I was pointed to gummiboot.
14 I also failed to get grub2 + UEFI working. So either;
15 1. We're both dummies
16 2. The handbook instructions are incorrect and/or inadequate
17
18 Can anyone else that is familiar comment on the grub2 + UEFI doc quality?