From: Alexey Mishustin <shumkar@×××××××.ru>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xorg-server 1.9.4: keybord very slow in consoles
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 16:57:13
1 17 марта 2011 г., 1:43:07, Mick пишет:
2
3 > On Wednesday 16 March 2011 19:05:32 Alexey Mishustin wrote:
4 >> Hi list,
5
6 >> I have a problem with configuring xorg-server 1.9.4.
7
8 >> It starts and works OK. But just after it has started, the keyboard begins
9 >> to work very slowly in all virtual consoles that were open prior to X.
10
11 >> If I login in a new virtual console, the keyboard works well until I enter
12 >> into an interactive tool (man, less). After that - the same behavior.
13
14 >> I installed xorg in according to these instructions [1], then added
15 >> InputClass definitions from this thread [2].
16
17 >> Please suggest what I could have done wrong.
18
19 >> xorg.conf - http://pastebin.com/Wwmy1eFf
20 >> Xorg.0.log - http://pastebin.com/5aqCLKnH
21 >> make.conf - http://pastebin.com/7St3T1ec
22 >> http://pastebin.com/YpCm9puZ
23 >> emerge --info - http://pastebin.com/NZUQYqhh
24 >> kernel .config - http://pastebin.com/E6Syb7Ay
25
26 >> Laptop ASUS WJ7.
27
28 >> [1] - http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/xorg-config.xml
29 >> [2] -
30 >> http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/gentoo/user/226332?do=post_view_thre
31 >> aded
32
33 > Alex, you have defined both your keyboard and mouse as InputDevice under
34 > Section "ServerLayout", but then later on you specify them both as InputClass.
35
36 > Comment out the InputDevice sections or remove them completely as shown in
37 > thread [2] above.
38
39 I deleted definitions of InputDevices and the corresponding rows in the ServerLayout section. Unfortunately, it didn't help. I'm getting the same weird behaviour of the keyboard in consoles.
40
41 A testing has shown that the keyboard gets broken in a new-open console not only after `man`, and `less` but even after `ls`.
42
43 My corrected xorg.conf - http://pastebin.com/P6SbzUDF
46 Regards, Alex