From: Christoph Eckert <ce@×××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mouse won't scroll anymore
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 22:20:44
1 > Did you try the settings I mentioned previously?  (using
2 > /dev/input/mice, ExplorerPS/2, and the Buttons option?) If so, and
3 > you still have the same problem, please post the relevant lines from
4 > /var/log/Xorg.0.log.
5
6 Thanks a lot for your help.
7
8 I currently use the following section for the USB mouse:
9
10 Section "InputDevice"
11 Identifier "USB Mouse"
12 Driver "mouse"
13 Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
14 Option "SendCoreEvents" "true"
15 Option "Protocol" "ExplorerPS/2"
16 Option "Buttons" "8"
17 Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
18 EndSection
19
20 I even tried lowercase characters and "IMPS/2" for the protocol, and 5
21 buttons instead of 8.
22
23 Now an interesting thing. I just used an xorg.conf I got from a friend 2
24 days ago, and all mice (trackstick, pad and USB) did work, even the
25 scrollwheel. This is the mouse section from his file:
26
27 Section "InputDevice"
28 Driver "mouse"
29 Identifier "Mouse[1]"
30 Option "Buttons" "5"
31 Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
32 Option "Name" "Logitech Optical Mouse"
33 Option "Protocol" "explorerps/2"
34 Option "Vendor" "Sysp"
35 Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
36 EndSection
39 It's rather similar to the above section. IS it possible that our
40 problem doesn't reside in the InputDevice section?
43 The Xorg.0.log is rather long, and I didn't find any lines in it which
44 point in the missing wheel buttons. I don't want to mess the list with
45 huge attachements (but I could put it on the web and offer a link if
46 it's helpful).
50 Thanks & best regards
53 ce
57 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list