From: walt <w41ter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Google Chrome and audio capture
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2015 22:26:32
1 On Tue, 23 Jun 2015 03:06:10 -0500
2 Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com> wrote:
3
4 > Howdy,
5 >
6 > Is this for real? I question the source and figure with all the Linux
7 > geeks we have here, someone here would know about this story and if it
8 > is real or not.
9 >
10 > http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative/2015/06/got-chrome-google-just-silently-downloaded-this-onto-your-computer-3173880.html
11
12 Thanks for pointing this out. Like you, I don't have mics or cameras
13 connected to my desktops, but I do have a google tablet and I've used
14 the "Okay Google" feature before, so I knew about it.
15
16 But, I never thought about what I say when I have the tablet stuck in my
17 pocket, supposedly in "power-saving sleep mode". No doubt in my mind
18 that the mic could still be listening if google wants it to be.