From: daniel <danstemporaryaccount@×××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] [SOLVED] Fresh install fails on Locale-gettext
Date: Wed, 01 Feb 2006 17:06:31
1 On Tuesday 31 January 2006 14:57, Steven Susbauer wrote:
2 > Try a revdep-rebuild and see if it wants to build something.
3
4 Running revdep-rebuild told me to rebuild blackdown-java-something so that
5 wasn't any help. I had however noticed that along the way of doing the full
6 upgrade gcc had been upgraded from 3.3 to 3.4 so I followed the Gentoo GCC
7 Upgrade Guide[1] and did the following:
8
9 # emerge -uav gcc
10 # gcc-config i686-pc-linux-gnu-3.4.4
11 # source /etc/profile
12 # emerge --oneshot -av libtool
13 # emerge --oneshot sys-libs/libstdc++-v3
14 # emerge -e system
15 # emerge -e world
16
17 I got as far as emerging the system where it died again... on the same
18 package. In frustration, i just ran:
19
20 # emerge --resume --skipfirst
21
22 And all went according to plan. I rebuilt the rest of the system and then
23 world... which included Locale-gettext and this time it worked.
24
25 It's a bit of a Windows-sounding solution, but it worked, so I thought I'd
26 share.
29 [1] http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/gcc-upgrading.xml
33 o great spirit, who made all races, look kindly upon the
34 whole human family and take away the arrogance and
35 hatred which separates us from our brothers.
36 - cherokee prayer
37 --
38 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list