From: Nilesh Govindrajan <me@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: android and mtp
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2012 03:42:39
1 On Sunday 23 December 2012 05:02:17 AM IST, Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > On 2012-12-21, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3 >> On Fri, 21 Dec 2012 16:19:10 -0600, Paul Hartman wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> I think you can use mtpfs and then browse it like any other disk.
8 >> I found that to be rather fragile, jmtpfs works far better for me, with a
9 >> Galaxy S3 and a Nexus 7.
10 >
11 > I couldn't get mtpfs to work either, and I've seen a lot of reports
12 > that it's flakey.
13 >
14 > I second the recommendation for jmtpfs (I'm using version 0.4). I've
15 > had zero problems with my Nexus Galaxy and jmtpfs.
18 MTP never worked for me.
19 I use the FTP server with ES File Explorer over USB Tethering.
20 The process is a bit clumsy, but works at USB transfer speeds.
21
22 Disable wifi, connect usb and enable usb tethering. Then start ES FTP
23 server and connect to it using the address shown.
24 :D :D
27 Nilesh Govindarajan
28 http://nileshgr.com