From: Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] F keys gone mad
Date: Fri, 14 Jul 2006 20:20:15
1 On Friday 14 July 2006 19:19, Jorge Almeida wrote:
2 > I was trying vmware and something went wrong, causing the computer to
3 > reboot.
4 > Now I can't use my F keys. The system boots and goes X; after that, I
5 > can't switch to a vt: CTRl-ALT-F? gives weird results (CTRl-ALT-F1-> P,
6 > CTRl-ALT-F2 -> Q,...).
7 > My keyboard is one of those silly Logitech thingies with
8 > Windows-oriented F-keys, with a "lock" key to enable normal F-key
9 > behaviour. I checked with xev that the keys were enabled.
10
11 Could it be that your xorg.conf was corrupted? What other files do your F
12 keys need to access to operate? I have found that with sudden crashes (I had
13 a box with faulty memory that kept crashing on me) random files would get
14 corrupted. The contents would normally be sound but access rights would get
15 muddled up.
16 --
17 Regards,
18 Mick