From: Teresa and Dale <teendale@×××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Upgrade problem with perl-cleaner
Date: Sun, 28 May 2006 03:53:28
1 Rumen Yotov wrote:
2
3 >Colleen Beamer wrote:
6 >>Hi,
7 >>
8 >>I really have very little problem with my Gentoo system, but today on an
9 >>upgrade I received the following message related to perl-cleaner:
10 >>
11 >>!!! Digest verification Failed:
12 >>!!! /usr/portage/distfiles/perl-cleaner-1.03.tar.gz
13 >>!!! Readon: Filesize does not match recorded size
14 >>
15 >>I'm sorry to bother you with this. I tried searching the forums, but
16 >>when I entered a search term, I got either no pages or thousands of
17 >>pages. I looked on the bug list and the closest thing was a message
18 >>related to a check-sum. I tried looking at the documentation, but
19 >>didn't find anything that told me what to do to correct this. I even
20 >>did a "no-no" and resync'd.
21 >>
22 >>Any help here would be appreciated. I would file a bug, but I'm not
23 >>sure exactly if this is a bug or something that is correctable and I
24 >>just don't know how to do it.
25 >>
26 >>Regards,
27 >>
28 >>Colleen
32 >Hi,
33 >There was such a thread on this ML.
34 >IIRC just remove/erase the source file from distfiles dir and fetch it
35 >again. Then emerge ...
36 >HTH.Rumen
40 I just had the same thing here. I deleted the file from
41 /usr/portage/distfiles then let it re-download it. It worked fine then.
42
43 Dale
44 :-)
45 --