From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Anyone ever emerged dev-libs/boost with FEATURES="test" and finished?
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 22:04:23
1 On Tue, 06 Apr 2010 15:17:27 -0500, Harry Putnam wrote:
2
3 > Just put the variable assignment in the file, it is sourced by bash
4 > when
5 > > the ebuild is parsed, so most things that can go in an ebuild can go
6 > > here. Usually it is used to override settings or set EXTRA_ECONF but
7 > > you can use it to redefine the ebuild functions. Some people put a
8 > > custom src_unpack() in here when they want to apply a patch, rather
9 > > than putting a modified ebuild in an overlay.
10 >
11 > Ahh very helpful, thank you. Especially about putting custom
12 > src_unpack stuff. Fussing with creating a new ebuild is a pain to us
13 > non devel types.
14
15 I find copying the existing ebuild to an overlay and adding one epatch
16 line a lot easier than writing a custom src_unpack() function.
17
18 > But one thing is unclear. You say:
19 > `Just put the variable assignment in the file'
20 >
21 > You don't mean without reference to a specific package do you.
22 > Like:
23 > cat /etc/portage/env/category/package
24 > EXTRA_ECONF="--enable-rootcommit"
25
26 Yes I do.
27
28 > So is it:
29 > cat /etc/portage/env/category/package
30 > dev-util/cvs EXTRA_ECONF="--enable-rootcommit"
31
32 No, it is
33
34 $ cat /etc/portage/env/dev-util/cvs
35 EXTRA_ECONF="--enable-rootcommit"
39 Neil Bothwick
40
41 "We demand rigidly defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"