From: Alan McKinnon <alan@××××××××××××××××.za>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Precedence order of overlays
Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2007 13:43:00
1 Hi,
2
3 I have several packages that I maintain my own ebuilds for, as it's CVS
4 sources. I keep these in /usr/local/portage. As it happens ebuilds for
5 these same packages are also in layman, and I have the relevant overlay
6 enabled.
7
8 So far it would appear that my local overlay is taking precedence over
9 layman. I've read the layman docs and there is an option for
10 precedence, but it seems to apply to layman only, and that's not what I
11 want. The portage docs seems to be sparse on this matter of overlays.
12
13 I want to guarantee that foo-9999.ebuild in /usr/local/portage will be
14 emerged in preference to an identically named and versioned ebuild in
15 layman. How do I do that?
16
17 If I can't guarantee this, I'd also be happy bumping my ebuilds to
18 foo-99999.ebuild, but I'd rather do it with a config option if
19 possible.
20
21 alan
22
23
24 --
25 Optimists say the glass is half full,
26 Pessimists say the glass is half empty,
27 Developers say wtf is the glass twice as big as it needs to be?
28
29 Alan McKinnon
30 alan at linuxholdings dot co dot za
31 +27 82, double three seven, one nine three five
32 --
33 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list