From: Peter Ruskin <peter.ruskin@×××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Finer grained kde*-meta packages (was: Make portage assume, that a package is installed)
Date: Fri, 15 Jun 2007 11:14:24
1 On Friday 15 June 2007, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
2 > Are the monolithic ebuilds still available?  They need to be
3 > purged from the tree ASAP.
4
5 Why? So that all Gentoo users are like you? I think not. I used
6 the kde-meta-* packages for a while - they seemed like a good idea;
7 but I now use the monolithic packages again, as they make life much
8 simpler for me. With big hard discs cheap and with ADSL
9 connection, the advantages of the meta packages are diminished.
12 Peter
14 Gentoo Linux: Portage 2.1.2.9 kernel-2.6.21-gentoo-r2
15 AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400+ gcc(GCC): 4.1.2
16 KDE: 3.5.7 Qt: 3.3.8
18 --
19 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list