From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Need ebuild no longer in Portage
Date: Fri, 04 Jan 2008 19:17:55
1 > > > * nvidia missing in FILESDIR
2 > > >
3 > > > Can anyone tell what happened?
4 > > >
5 > > You probably copied the ebuild, but not the contents of the files/
6 > > subdirectory. It probably needs some patch that lived there. So you
7 > > need to copy that directory along with its contents to the same place
8 > > you copied the old ebuild.
9 >
10 > That was it, thank you.
11
12 Actually, it compiles and installs when /usr/src/linux points to
13 2.6.20-hardened-r6 but fails to compile when it points to
14 linux-2.6.23-hardened-r4. The error instructs me as follows:
15
16 ERROR: Kernel configuration is invalid.
17 include/linux/autoconf.h or include/config/auto.conf are missing.
18 Run 'make oldconfig && make prepare' on kernel src to fix it.
19
20 Which I did with the same results. Does anyone know how to fix this?
21
22 - Grant
23 --
24 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list