From: Ashley Dixon <ash@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] AMDGPU: computer won't shut down
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2020 22:21:15
1 On Tue, Jun 09, 2020 at 11:53:55PM +0200, n952162 wrote:
2 > I posted about this problem perhaps a year ago - when running with
3 > AMDGPU, my system won't turn off, I have to hold the power button down
4 > for a long time, forcing it down.
5 >
6 > Thanks to all the great help here, I finally got my system properly
7 > updated and AMDGPU working, and it  finally talks to my HDMI display.
8 > But, it still doesn't shut down.
9
10 I assume you are using the AMDGPU drivers [1], but are you also using AMDGPU-PRO
11 (closed-source accelerator) [2] ? Also, are you loading the firmware directly
12 into the kernel, or as kernel modules ?
13
14 Which GPU series/firmware do you have installed [3] ?
15
16 [1] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/AMDGPU
17 [2] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/AMDGPU-PRO
18 [3] https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/AMDGPU#Incorporating_firmware (see the table)