From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: chrome and everything
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2011 16:01:30
1 Apparently, though unproven, at 13:12 on Friday 03 June 2011, Indi did opine
2 thusly:
3
4 > On Fri, Jun 03, 2011 at 09:20:01AM +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:
5 > > Compare how Google goes about doing things with how Adobe does it.
6 > >
7 > > The Google Chromium team appears to take security seriously and are open
8 > > and up-front about what they do.
9 > >
10 > > Adobe likes to stonewall on issues and create an aura of how sekrit stuff
11 > > is.
12 > >
13 > > Which one inspires confidence in fellow geeks?
14 >
15 > Neither. Adobe is utterly incompetent and apathetic, google is evil
16 > and wants to sell ad space for h3rb41 v14gr4 in your brain.
17 >
18 > Flash is a necessary evil for a lot of us, chrome(ium) is not.
19
20 I think of it more a case of there being no viable alternative to Flash[1]
21 whereas Chrom{e,ium} is just one more browser amongst many.
22
23 I use Flash myself even though I hate the way it performs.
24
25 [1] There are flash alternatives, but by and large only support out of date
26 features, so they are not really "viable".
29 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com