From: Rich Freeman <rich0@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] rescue cd for zfs 2.1 or thereabouts
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2021 18:30:02
1 On Mon, Aug 23, 2021 at 2:13 PM Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
2 >
3 > All I could find was this:
4 >
5 > http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/grub.git/tree/grub-core/fs/zfs/zfs.c#n276
6 >
7 > For a program with so much documentation, GRUB seems sorely lacking in
8 > this respect. It makes me glad I decided to keep /boot off my zpools.
11 Even this seems lacking. For example, encryption is not read-only
12 compatible (which seems obvious), and it isn't listed as compatible in
13 the source code you linked. However, grub-mount supposedly uses the
14 grub drivers and it has a command line option to provide an encryption
15 key. Maybe it is only compatible with the grub-mount command and not
16 at boot time, but if so that seems like something worth pointing out
17 since one of the purposes of grub-mount is to test filesystem
18 compatibility.
21 Rich