From: Masood Ahmed <coolmasood@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] antivirus
Date: Mon, 06 Mar 2006 06:17:18
1 Ghaith Hachem wrote:
2 > hello,
3 > i was wondering if there's any good antivirus scanner outthere for
4 > linux
5
6 clamav is good, and is also in portage.. just do emerge clamav and
7 you'll have a good antivirus software running on your gentoo box.
8
9 > i recently got infected on the windows part and the linux
10 > systems are accessible from there so i want to make sure the system is
11 > clean i've been missing some documents from these partitions on
12 > windows but they are availiable on linux
13
14 I dont think linux can get infected by windows viruses.
15
16 > could anyone plz point me to the right manual to read?
17
18 check out http://www.clamav.net/doc/latest/html/
19
20 also use google to find best resources..
21
22 Bye,
23 Masood Ahmed
26 Linux Kernel : 2.6.15-gentoo-r7
27 GCC version : 4.0.2 (Gentoo 4.0.2-r3, pie-8.7.8)
28 Processor : AMD Athlon XP 2600+
29 RAM : 1 GB DDR 333 SDRAM
30 CFLAGS USED : -march=athlon-xp -O3 -m3dnow -msse -mmmx -pipe
31 -fomit-frame-pointer -momit-leaf-frame-pointer -ftracer
32 -fno-crossjumping -falign-functions=16 -falign-loops=16
33 -falign-jumps=16 -fno-align-labels -mfpmath=387,sse
34 -maccumulate-outgoing-args
35 CXXFLAGS USED : $(CFLAGS) -fvisibility-inlines-hidden