From: Rodrigo Lazo <rlazo.paz@×××××.com>
Subject: [gentoo-user] [SOLVED] kpathsea(latex) search path problem
Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 13:40:21
1 Hi again,
2
3 I finally solved this issue (or at least I found an acceptable workaround).
4
5 So, if anyone is facing this same problem you must edit
6 /etc/texmf/web2c/texmf.cnf so it looks like this:
7
8 %TEXMFHOME = $HOME/texmf
9 ...
10 % TEXMFVAR, where texconfig stores variable runtime data.
11 % With teTeX-3.0 or later, this must be set.
12 % For sharing this tree with $TEXMFMAIN:
13 TEXMFVAR = $TEXMFMAIN
14 % For using a separate tree:
15 % TEXMFVAR = $HOME/.texmf-var
16 %TEXMFVAR = $HOME/.texmf-var
17 ...
18 % TEXMFCONFIG, where texconfig stores configuration data.
19 % With teTeX-3.0 or later, this must be set.
20 % For sharing this tree with $TEXMFMAIN:
21 TEXMFCONFIG = $TEXMFMAIN
22 % For using a separate tree:
23 % TEXMFCONFIG = $HOME/.texmf-config
24 % For using a separate tree:
25 % TEXMFCONFIG = /var/lib/texmf-config
26 %TEXMFCONFIG = $HOME/.texmf-config
27
28 This will avoid all the lookup at your home directory by using the system's files
29
30 Hope this will help somebody
34 Rodrigo Lazo (rlazo)
35 --