From: Frank Steinmetzger <Warp_7@×××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: Full battery laptop only 1 hour
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2022 23:46:08
1 Am Mon, Sep 12, 2022 at 01:51:39PM -0700 schrieb Mark Knecht:
2 > On Mon, Sep 12, 2022 at 1:40 PM Nuno Silva <nunojsilva@×××××××.pt> wrote:
3 > >
4 > > On 2022-09-12, Guillermo García wrote:
5 > >
6 > > > Hello guys,
7 > > >
8 > > > I bought a laptop and i got like 4 hours of batter life, everything
9 > > > ok, (using more than 1 vm, etc), however now in idle my laptop has
10 > > > only 1 hour of life, which is really annoying because its a brand new
11 > > > laptop bought one year before.
12 > >
13 > > Did anything change? Is this the same system/install which used to last
14 > > 4 hours on idle? Or, when you say "brand new bought one year before",
15 > > you mean it wasn't used before?
16 > >
17 > > --
18 > > Nuno Silva
21 > Battery life can change over time. I've had batteries that after a couple of
22 > years just didn't last as long. I've purchased a few replacement batteries
23 > from Amazon and one of them didn't hold charge at all.
24
25 My Thinkpad is 6¼ years old and the batteries it shipped with are at 72 and
26 75 % of their original capacity. But I didn’t use them *that* much, and
27 always kept them betweet 40 and 80 % charge when I didn’t need them, which
28 is probably 98 % of the year.
29
30 > 1 year is pretty short but possibly he might buy a new battery as
31 > a test. They generally aren't overly expensive.
32
33 I don’t believe that they went down to 25 % of their original capacity
34 within a year. To achieve that, they must have endured unspeakable abuse.
37 Grüße | Greetings | Salut | Qapla’
38 Please do not share anything from, with or about me on any social network.
39
40 The three main languages in India: Hindi, English and HTML.