From: Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>
To: Gentoo Users List <gentoo-user@l.g.o>
Subject: [gentoo-user] Question about selecting ebuilds from local overlay
Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2010 06:32:22
1 I can't rename the ebuild, or give it a weird build number, because
2 the ebuild filename is used to select files to download. I'm tweaking
3 Firefox ebuild and eclass internals, but keeping the same filenames.
4 The emerge default seems to be to prefer the local overlay, which is
5 what I want right now. I checked "man emerge" but can't find anything
6 about the following 2 situations...
7
8 1) What if I want to use the standard ebuild and ignore my local ebuild
9 (probably quite rare)?
10
11 2) How would I select the the specific version I want (they all have the
12 same ebuild name) if I have multiple local overlays?
13
14 I could tweak the overlays setting in /etc/make.conf or rename a local
15 overlay directory, so that it doesn't get seen as an overlay, but that
16 seems rather heavy-handed.
19 Walter Dnes <waltdnes@××××××××.org>