From: Joerg Schilling <Joerg.Schilling@××××××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: writing man pages (gentoo conventions)
Date: Wed, 03 Jun 2015 11:13:33
1 Martin Vaeth <martin@×××××.de> wrote:
2
3 > James <wireless@×××××××××××.com> wrote:
4 > >
5 > > So instead of my spew of ascii information files, I'm now composing
6 > > 'man pages' mostly using txt2man.
7 >
8 > If you want to avoid learning *roff, there is also e.g. pod from perl
9 > which gives you simple basic markup functionality and can output in
10 > man page format (and other format).
11
12 For a simple instuction, see
13
14 man -s5 man
15
16 On BSD based classification, this may be section 7...
17
18 There are only a few macros to learn, so writing man pages is really simple.
19
20 BTW: Use other (good) man pages as reference and avoid the BSD doc format that
21 was introduced while the AT&T lawsuit was active.
22
23 Jörg
26 EMail:joerg@××××××.net (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
27 joerg.schilling@××××××××××××××××.de (work) Blog: http://schily.blogspot.com/