From: covici@××××××××××.com
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Is my mobo incompatible with Linux?
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2012 21:40:10
1 Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 10:34 AM, <covici@××××××××××.com> wrote:
4 > > Hi.  I have a Supermicro c7P67-o motherboard and I have another system
5 > > using windows with no problems.  However, when I am trying to use the
6 > > board with gentoo -- various kernels -- including 3.2.6-gentoo -- I am
7 > > having lots of problems with USB.  The board has two usb3 connectors and
8 > > most of the time when I plug a usb3 enclosure into one of those, I get
9 > > lots of errors such as
10 > > Feb 23 10:27:31 ccs kernel: xhci_hcd 0000:04:00.0: Timeout while waiting
11 > > for address device command
12 > > Feb 23 10:27:31 ccs kernel: usb 3-1: device not accepting address 2,
13 > > error -62
14 > >
15 > > Once in a while if I reboot I can get it to work, but usually not.  Now
16 > > usb2 works for about a day or so and then either slows way down or the
17 > > drive is just not seen at all.  In those cases there are no log messages
18 > > at all to give any hint.
19 > >
20 > > So, does anyone have any ideas as to why this is happening -- the
21 > > Supermicro people have noclue whatsoever.
22 > >
23 > > Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
24 >
25 > You might try posting to the usb-storage mailing list, people working
26 > on the USB3 drivers are there and might know more about that specific
27 > chipset and what those messages really mean.
28 >
29 > https://lists.one-eyed-alien.net/mailman/listinfo/usb-storage
32 That link seems not to work -- I get Unable to locate remote host
33 lists.one-eyed-alien.net
34
35 Thanks.
38 Your life is like a penny. You're going to lose it. The question is:
39 How do
40 you spend it?
41
42 John Covici