From: Andrew Gaydenko <a@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: [OT] which forum app to use?
Date: Sun, 04 Jun 2006 23:26:57
1 ======= On Monday 05 June 2006 02:35, Thomas Kirchner wrote: =======
2 * On Jun 5 1:51, Andrew Gaydenko (gentoo-user@l.g.o) wrote:
3 > I have found Gentoo team uses phpBB forum app. OTOH, this app is
4 > masked in portage:
5
6 phpBB has had a lot of security problems, but the Gentoo folk use a
7 highly modified version that fixes security issues and adds some useful
8 features. It's not really worth using yourself, though, with all the
9 better options that exist today.
10
11 > The question is: which forum app to use??
12
13 I recommend punbb (punbb.org) for a classic-style forum, and vanilla
14 (getvanilla.com) for a change of pace. Both are modern, sleek, compact,
15 and easy to use. And best of all, safer than phpBB...
16
17 Tom
18
20 Tom,
21
22 Thanks! - I'll see them.
23 It is interesting, they are not present in the portage tree.
24 --
25 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list