From: Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: android and mtp
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2012 03:59:50
1 On 12/22/2012 03:32 PM, Grant Edwards wrote:
2 > On 2012-12-21, Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3 >> On Fri, 21 Dec 2012 16:19:10 -0600, Paul Hartman wrote:
4 >>
5 >>> I think you can use mtpfs and then browse it like any other disk.
8 >> I found that to be rather fragile, jmtpfs works far better for me, with a
9 >> Galaxy S3 and a Nexus 7.
10 >
11 > I couldn't get mtpfs to work either, and I've seen a lot of reports
12 > that it's flakey.
13 >
14 > I second the recommendation for jmtpfs (I'm using version 0.4). I've
15 > had zero problems with my Nexus Galaxy and jmtpfs.
18 I really struggled with my Nexus 7 and mtpfs. I did finally get it to
19 work, posted under the Nexus 7 thread on the forums:
20
21 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-7135656.html#7135656
22
23 I was getting a reliable connection and 8-9MB/sec transfer rate to my
24 device. I had to try all sorts of things to try to get the thing to
25 work. Miraculously, I got it to work after trying many things.
26
27 I specifically had:
28
29 * Searching for mtpfs ...
30 [IP-] [ ] sys-fs/mtpfs-1.0:0
33 installed.
34
35 I put an entry in /etc/fstab and manually mount it when needed:
36 mtpfs /mnt/nexus7 fuse
37 user,noauto,allow_other 0 0
38
39 I remember trying for weeks to get this to work, I don't know if I just
40 lucked out.
41
42 Dan