From: Tomas Linhart <tomas.linhart@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Unable to install www-misc/rekonq-9999 (kde-testing) because of git error
Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 18:20:53
1 2009/5/26 Nick Cunningham <nick@××××××××××.net>:
2 > Its been a while since ive used paludis, but do you have the folder
3 > permissions set correctly? Normally paludis will (or it used to anyway)
4 > complain loudly when the permissions werent set correctly.
5 >
6 > If they are set correctly what happens when you try to pull the git repo
7 > manually?
8 >
9 > - Nick
10
11 As I wrote in my original post I receive somehow similar error when I
12 try to install the package using emerge.
13 I am not sure whether it can be some permissions problem, the git-src
14 subdirectory is successfully created in the distfiles directory, but
15 then git clone command fails. When I run the git clone command
16 manually from the command line then it works without problem.
19 The directory permissions are as follows:
20 drwxrwsr-x 4 portage portage 94208 May 26 20:07 distfiles
21
22 The git-src subdirectory is then automatically created by paludis and
23 its permissions looks like this:
24 drwxr-sr-x 2 portage portage 4096 May 26 20:10 git-src
25
26 When installing with emerge then the git-src directory is created with
27 little bit differrent permissions:
28 drwxr-sr-x 2 root portage 4096 May 26 20:13 git-src
29
30 I am not sure if these permission are set correctly but it always
31 worked for me and I have no problems with ebuild that fetch sources
32 from svn repositories.
33
34 Tomas