From: Uwe Thiem <uwix@××××.na>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gentoo Splash Image.
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2005 14:57:40
1 On 24 October 2005 12:26, Ryan Viljoen wrote:
2 > Is this your own splash image that created or are you using the default
3 > one?
4 >
5 > http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Splash_image_in_GRUB
6 >
7 > On 10/24/05, Gentoo Voyager <gentoovoyager@×××××.com> wrote:
8 > > Daer all,
9 > > when i set the path in grub.conf to splashimage, while booting my screen
10 > > will blurred, then i can see anything in screen, finaly i remeved the
11 > > splashimage line from grub.conf,..
12 > > Please help me on this matter..
13 > > thanks.
14
15 As I found out the hard way, you can use only 2 bit Colourdepth for that
16 image.
17
18 Uwe
21 95% of all programmers rate themselves among the top 5% of all software
22 developers. - Linus Torvalds
23
24 http://www.uwix.iway.na (last updated: 20.06.2004)
25 --