From: Ian Zimmerman <itz@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: USE flag question (not total newbie)
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 02:15:27
1 On 2016-11-29 01:55, Stroller wrote:
2
3 > > [ebuild R ] dev-db/sqlitebrowser-3.8.0 USE="-qt5 {-test} (-qt4%*)"
4 > >
5 > > Does this mean the package will be rebuilt without any qt support at
6 > > all? Why?
7 >
8 > No, I believe it means that the _option_ to enable or disable qt4 has
9 > been removed.
10
11 Well - notice the 'R'. So the package (or at least the version, see
12 below) has not been changed since last time.
13
14 > It could be that the package is always compiled with qt4, or that it's
15 > always disabled, or that `make` detects it automatically. The best
16 > things to look at are the ebuild and the changelog.
17
18 There is no changelog for this package :-(
19
20 In the ebuild, the only occurrence of the string "qt4" is:
21
22 src_prepare() {
23 # https://github.com/qingfengxia/qhexedit still bundled
24 # x11-libs/qscintilla[qt4?,qt5?] still bundled
25 # ^^^^
26 find libs/{antlr-2.7.7,qcustomplot-source} -delete || die
27 cmake-utils_src_prepare
28 }
29
30 I don't think this is responsible for the emerge output.
31
32 Is it possible for the ebuild to change (in particular, for USE flags to
33 be removed) without a change in version number?
36 Please *no* private Cc: on mailing lists and newsgroups
37 Personal signed mail: please _encrypt_ and sign
38 Don't clear-text sign: http://cr.yp.to/smtp/8bitmime.html