From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Is wrong 4k sector alignment still an issue?
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2012 22:36:13
1 On 27/06/12 01:22, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Wed, 27 Jun 2012 01:06:53 +0300, Nikos Chantziaras wrote:
3 >
4 >>> I'm getting a 2TB drive which uses 4kB sectors instead of 512 byte
5 >>> ones. I suppose by now everything will "just work" and the various
6 >>> tools will now by default create correctly aligned partitions?
7 >>
8 >> Thanks everyone for the comments. I'm using cfdisk, since I find it's
9 >> the easiest CLI partitioner (fdisk and parted don't offer menus but you
10 >> need to type commands; I hate that).
11 >
12 > If you use a GPT partition table, you can use cgdisk and banish the
13 > abominations of extended and logical partitions at the same time.
14
15 I've no idea whether my mainboard can boot from it. It *seems* it has
16 UEFI, but I'm not really sure.