From: Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] diskless booting [solved, I hope]
Date: Mon, 01 Oct 2007 00:58:22
1 On Sat, 29 Sep 2007 09:55:40 -0230
2 Roger Mason <rmason@×××××××.ca> wrote:
3
4 > Well, the configs were the same as the diskless install docs on the
5 > Gentoo alt-install page, with suitable modifications of the ip and MAC
6 > addresses in the dhcpd.conf. I _was using pxegrub but, on a whim, I
7 > tried syslinux instead as per the Gentoo diskless howto and, without
8 > any further reconfiguration beyond pointing the client at pxelinix.0,
9 > it booted first time. After some tweaking of the client fstab and
10 > hosts files it now works fine.
11
12 I was going to suggest you avoid pxegrub, but I guess you figured that
13 out for yourself.
16 > Thanks for the offer. I'm planning to add some more clients now that
17 > I have one working system. I'm almost certain to get stuck so I'll
18 > probably be back asking again.
19
20 Let me know.
21
22 By the way, if you're looking for performance enhancements to your
23 diskless hosts, let me know. I have found some, and am also always
24 looking for more.
28 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list