From: Daevid Vincent <daevid@××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-user] help with UDEV and USB flash drive
Date: Fri, 09 Jun 2006 19:32:34
1 Thanks everybody that was the trick. I settled upon this:
2
3 BUS=="usb", KERNEL=="sd?1", SYSFS{idVendor}=="0ef5",
4 SYSFS{idProduct}=="2202", SYMLINK="istick%n", MODE="0666"
5
6 And for my /etc/fstab entry:
7 /dev/istick1 /mnt/istick vfat defaults,noauto,user,umask=000 0 0
8
9 Now the second part of this. SOMETIMES, when I plug the stick in (I assume
10 that's when it happens), KDE gives me a nice little window to view the files
11 or take no action. But it's not consistent?! What triggers that 'event', and
12 how can I make it happen all the time?
13
14 Also related, is there an easy way to make this stick auto un/mount upon
15 removal/insertion respectively?
16
17 I tried taking out the 'noauto' in fstab, but that didn't do it.
18
19 I saw some web search results, but most of them feel outdated, or for other
20 distros.
21
22 DÆVID
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list