From: John Jolet <john@×××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] /home becoming readonly every night
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 20:17:18
1 sounds like a cron job....
2 On Wednesday 24 August 2005 14:59, Nick Rout wrote:
3 > For somewhere between 3 days and a week I have been rising to find
4 > that /home has become readonly overnight.
5 >
6 > Basically I have to shut down X, manually kill all processes
7 > accessing /home and then run
8 >
9 > umount /home
10 > mount /home
11 >
12 > which fixes it until tomorrow morning.
13 >
14 > I also tried mount /home -o remount,rw
15 >
16 > but was told that /dev/hdb1 was readonly - but it has the same
17 > permissions as /dev/hda1.
18 >
19 > Any clues as to where to from here? I cannot even seem to isolate what
20 > time this is happening.
21 > --
22 > Nick Rout <nick@×××××××.nz>
25 John Jolet