From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Converter parallel-port to USB
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2011 03:18:24
1 Stefan G. Weichinger <lists <at> xunil.at> writes:
4 > http://www.cups.org/str.php?L3742
5 > Does anyone use this USB-adapter-cable:
6 > ID 067b:2305 Prolific Technology, Inc. PL2305 Parallel Port
7
8 Unknown. Look in the driver section of building a kernel
9 for the supported devices. I have use FTDI usb-serial converters
10 without issue.
11
12 > successfully with gentoo?
13 >
14 > If no, are there any "yes, works" recommendations for an adapter-cable
15 > or -card to attach an old, but perfectly printing HP LJ2100 to my new
16 > machine?
17
18 How about the EIO jet card mentioned in the manual for this device?
19 They should be cheap, used.
20
21 An old parallel port on an old pci card should do the
22 trick, if all you needs is a parallel port.
23
24 Some of those old Laserjet printer could be set up across a serial
25 port, if nothing else works.....
26
27 hth,
28 James