From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Konqueror toolbars broken when started from session
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2008 12:21:59
1 Hi all,
2
3 Some time back, my Konqueror broke. It's sort of in the same time frame as
4 installing KDE-4, but I couldn't swear they are related. I don't get the
5 correct Konqueror toolbars when it's started from a saved session, but
6 starting it from menu, desktop icon or command line works fine. The attached
7 snapshot[1] shows the effect, the window labelled "Konqueror <2>" is the
8 right one.
9
10 I have no idea where to start looking :-( and the kde config files tend to be
11 obtuse (at least to me). I have established that moving .kde|.kde-3.5 out the
12 way and restarting kde does the same - saved session, restart, get broken
13 toolbars.
14
15 And it's only Konqueror that I've seen this with. I haven't tested this
16 exhaustively, but kontatc, kmail, kopete and amarok don't suffer from this.
17
18 [1] Apologies for attaching an image, I don't have a web server handy and I
19 made sure the image is real small
20 --
21 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com

snapshot2.jpg image/jpeg