From: "Jonathan R. Haws" <Jonathan.Haws@×××××××.edu>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Video Overlay Software API
Date: Mon, 03 Dec 2007 21:42:23
1 All,
2
3 This may not be the right place for this question, if so please direct me.
4
5 I am looking for a software API that I can use to develop a UI that will
6 display an analog video stream on the screen with overlaid controls
7 (buttons, indicators, etc.). I have looked into a few options, but
8 haven't found a satisfactory solution. The latency for the video
9 display must be less than 1/4 second to meet the design requirements, so
10 something that can be programmed in separate threads (a video thread and
11 an overlay thread) may be the best option. If the indicators lag
12 slightly, that is okay, as long as the video feed doesn't.
13
14 If anyone has any ideas, suggestions, or solutions, that would be
15 great. Thanks for the help!
18 Jonathan R. Haws
19 Student Engineer
20 Space Dynamics Laboratory