From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Local portage git mirror
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2017 10:03:46
1 Hello list,
2
3 Does anyone have some pointers to setting up a local portage mirror for git
4 to serve? I'm looking at http://www.funtoo.org/Portage_Git_Mirror but some
5 details are obscure to me. I hope I'm not going to have to roll my sleeves
6 up and learn the whole of git; I just want to cut down the time my boxes
7 take to sync via git - some of them have their portage trees nfs-mounted in
8 chroots on my workstation and take anything up to 20 minutes to sync.
9
10 One question comes up straight away: should the git-served repository be the
11 host's own /usr/portage tree? And what cron task should I run to refresh the
12 mirror?
13
14 Any help would be gratefully received.
15
16 (I can still read e-mails via web-mail even when KMail is playing up.)
19 Regards
20 Peter