From: Andrew Savchenko <bircoph@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Gnupg-2.1.* nightmare
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 2015 15:39:29
1 Hi,
2
3 On Mon, 19 Oct 2015 10:57:37 +0200 Jean-Christophe Bach wrote:
4 > I have a very similar problem, at least concerning your 2nd point
5 > (duplicated keys). All my problems came when I updated gnupg from 1.x to
6 > 2.x. I tried to solve them by playing with different 2.x versions but
7 > with the last one it is broken:
8 >
9 > 1. I detect duplicated keys in the ring
10 > 2. some friends told me my signature was bad
11 > 3. I am not able to verify all the signatures with Mutt or Thunderbird
12 > (I do not understand why it works for some signatures and not for others)
13 > 4. with Thunderbird, I am not able anymore to sign/verify/cypher/decypher
14 >
15 > I think that it is related to your problems, but I have no clue to fix
16 > that. I would also appreciate any help.
17
18 I got help on gnupg-users mail list on this issue, see
19 https://lists.gnupg.org/pipermail/gnupg-users/2015-October/054569.html
20
21 Basically you need to re-import all your public keys, *delete* old
22 pubring.gpg file (new file format is pubring.kbx) and restart your
23 gpg-agent:
24
25 gpg --export-ownertrust >myownertrust.lst
26 gpg --export >allmykeys.gpg
27 rm pubring.kbx
28 killall gpg-agent
29 gpg --import <allmykeys.gpg
30
31 First command is a backup in case something will go wrong.
32
33 Best regards,
34 Andrew Savchenko